New Comware Partner: Globalscape
As our customers know, Comware has deep and long-standing expertise in many of IT Security sub-fields. We have deployed firewalls, anti-virus, and other traditional offerings for more than a decade and are quite good at it, if we do say so ourselves. However, the IT Industry is always changing and so we pursue new marketplace solutions regularly.
We have been impressed with the solutions and approach of Globalscape, who focuses on secure file transfers both from the standpoint of securing the actual communication of that data, but also allows business-centric workflows to streamline our customers’ operations.
In a nutshell, the Globalscape solution involves deploying an Enhanced File Transfer (EFT) endpoint which allows business partners to upload or download files securely (system to system, user to system…) but can also transform these files before they are consumed by the end user or system. For instance, the EFT solution could perform the following steps totally automatically;
- Monitor a network file share for new files so that, when a user ‘drops’ a file in that share…
- the file is zipped or PGP encrypted
- the file is transferred securely to a business partner
- a response file is downloaded from the partner site
- that response file is automatically decrypted
- relevant file contents (assuming a standard data format) are extracted from the response file
- this data is inserted into a relational database (SQL, Oracle…) through an insert query.
The only human operation in this workflow was the original user dropping a file onto a file share. Everything else is automated.
Globalscape also has a strong email attachment security solution, in which email attachments are automatically replaced by a link to a secure download site, which means you can retain control over who gets to see these files, even if they are shared with external partners.
We would love to show you how this product can help not only protect, but enhance your business operations!